Saturday, June 10, 2006

Here we go again....

Another tropical storm headed to Florida. As I write this, the soon-to-be-Alberto is still a tropical depression, but the next advisory's due out in an hour, and it'll probably be upgraded. At least a southbound front seems to be keeping it away from the panhandle. I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

I've also had enough of sitting around hospitals with my dad. He's going in for yet another surgery on Monday. This time, it's to repair a hernia that was caused by the surgery he had a few months ago to remove a cancer from his adrenal gland. That was the weird, rare mucoepidermoid something cancer. Before that it was surgery to repair an aortic aneurysm. Before that it was surgery to remove and biopsy the huge lump in his neck (non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, that one). The lymphoma was the first surgery, back in 2004. Right before my little Quinnie had his heart attack (by-product of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy), and not long before Ivan the Terrible tried to blow us off the map. If this surgery is the last for a while, maybe my dad can build up his strength and have a few more years left. I'm really worried because he's so weak, now. He has put it in God's hands, but from the way things have been going, I'm thinking God's not so eager to leave my dad here on Earth for much longer. Why? No idea.

No comments: